Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Great Book to Connect with your Spouse!

My husband and I have been married for 27 years, and those who have been married for this long can attest to the Love & Respect principle. I simply wish I had known about it years ago, as I feel like this would have greatly helped our marriage. When I discovered that there was a correlating devotional for couples, I was ecstatic. While we have never been a couple that really does devotionals together, I thought that this would be a great starting ground to begin one. What we truly liked about this devotional was that it was not too long, didn't you require to do it on a specific day x number of times a week, and related well to both sexes. 
When our devotional arrived in the mail, I was surprised that it was bound in a beautiful leather covering! In my opinion, it made the devotional all the more special. (I also plan on using this book to give to future brides and grooms as a wedding present because it is so nicely put together). 
For the devotional, there are 52 lessons that you can go through at your own pace, but this would work ideally to go through them once a week. To be honest, my husband and I probably go through 1-2 a week some weeks, and none the next. It all depends upon our schedule. 
Each devotional contains a section based upon the love and respect principle, followed by an action for the couple to do together and a prayer. At the back, there is also a discussion section with questions pertaining to each particular devotion if that is something that you would like to do together. 
  I recommend this book to couples looking to encourage and strengthen their marriage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment